Sunday, February 21, 2016

Socrative

Socrative is an app that allows you to check for student understanding in real time with immediate feedback. This application has a teacher and student log in. The teacher is able to create quizzes, polling questions, or class exit tickets in just a few short steps. The format for questioning includes true/false, short answer, and multiple choice. As an educator, you are able to share with other educators around the world. As students complete the quiz/questions, you are able to see their progress immediately as the results are sent to your account in real time. Through this app, the teacher has the ability to turn the quiz into a game as well to make the quiz more engaging and fun for the students. Socrative is made by Mastery Connect, which is an on-line assessment website. I have used this website in my classroom to help me create curriculum tests. Socrative is a free app and well worth the download. In my classroom, I have used Socrative in small groups. After completing a math intervention group, I will send them a question to review what we did in small group. Their answer to the question is their ticket back to their seat. I have also used Socrative in whole group instruction by putting the students into teams and letting them race each other to the finish line as a review before I start the next days lesson. Socrative is a great way to assess your students for understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment