Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Remind (Formerly Remind 101)

Remind is a text messaging application that allows parents and teachers to communicate without actually exchanging phone numbers. When a teacher signs up through the app, it provides them with a system generated number that parents see when they receive the text message. Through this app, teachers can send out short reminders/messages. They can also send out pictures and other attachments. There is also a private chat feature that teachers can choose to turn on or off. This feature allows parents to respond to a teacher text and also gives them the option to text privately. I have used Remind in my classroom for several years and I love it. I use Remind in many ways. One way I use Remind is to send pictures to my whole class to share what we have done for the day. I also use the private messaging feature and class text messaging feature. Remind is a must have for excellent communication between the teacher and parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment